Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Special Mission Operative Journal Log

Operative operator #321576, Seneca Garcia checking into the F.T.B.I.T.F.!!!!
(salutes blogger dashboard on the computer screen).


It's Wednesday, but I'm already wishing it was First Try Friday. The only thing I have to tide me over is re watching the last harrowing episode with little Felipe Gustavo getting woken up at four in the morning by Neil Mims (or was it Pat Duffy?).


I was thinking to myself: "Felipe was in the deepest of sleeps on the floor of the office. The kids no doubt got talent, but I'm sorry, theres no way he can switch flip the mini seven first try!!!!". And low and behold Felipe exceeds all my expectations.


And what style that kid has! He just popped it, flicked the shit out of it, locked it and landed it super clean with a super hippidy hoppidy-hop steez. So fucking buttery!!!


Who ever though of "First Try Fridays" must have been a frickin genius! Just say it out loud: "FIRST TRY FRIDAYS". It's really catchy! You have to be a goddarm poet to come up with that next level type of iambic pentameter type stuff.


Think about it:First Try Fridays is seriously on some Matthew Barney/Drawing Restraint shit; an athletic model of development in which growth/success occurs only through restraint. The restraint in this case being only having one chance to perform the hammer. The only warm up you get: tying your laces!


I don't know what they put in that stolen/irrigated LA drinking water, but it must be something special because anyone that comes within Berrics' vicinity is always bound for success, is bound for glory.


But I think the Berrics' secret to their success also has also to do in part with those obscene levels or comradery, bro-manship, positive energy and dick sucking that park/website so naturally exudes.




Special Mission Operative Journal Log Command:



Can I get a "Hip Hip Horray!"!??



"Hip Hip Horray!"



"Hip Hip Horray!"



That was pathetic! I CAN'T HEAR YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!


"Hip Hip Horray!"!??


"Hip Hip Horray!"


"Hip Hip Horray!



That's much better! At ease comrades, at ease.


Right now I am fantasizing about the imaginary Seneca Garcia First Try Friday Episode. Berra is being filmed while he's talking to someone requesting me to backside Petekra grind the ledge in front of the ominous Berrics Game of S.K.A.T.E. chart.


They follow Berra outside and I'm pulling up in my rented Prius.


Berras like "Seneca! Glad you made it bro! Guess what today is?"


I'm getting out of the car trying not to look too second hand embarrassed and put on the spot because Steve Berra is talking to me while hes on the phone with little Timmy from Madison Wisconsin and one of his underling hacks is filming it all.


I well know it's F.T.F. because Iv'e been thinking about the Berrics all day on the plane, but I still act like I'm a little bit wet behind the ears because I'm trying not to come off as the skate nerd who tries too hard, that which I am.


I'm like :"No I have no idea what today is. What are you talking about?"


Berras like "It's First Try Friday and little Timmy from Madison Wisconsin wants you to do a backside Petekra grind on the ledge thats in front of the ominous Berrics Game of S.K.A.T.E. chart. "


I'm like " Can I do something easier? Like maybe an ollie to fakie on one of the quarters or something."

Berra motions me his board with overly tight trucks and says: "You know the rules Seneca! We got the request from little Timmy. Timmy from Wisconsin is calling the shots- controlling the Sk8 media content. He wants you to backside Petekra grind
on the ledge in front of the ominous Berrics Game of S.K.A.T.E. chart. Now do it now!!"

I'm like "Fuck man, I just got off the plane and am still hungover from Poison Girl last night. What about nollie to fakie on the quarter?"

"Petekra grind, Seneca. Petekra grind."

I put down my laptop and acoustic guitar, grab the board Berra hands me and roll around hitting all the banks. I'm not yet adjusted to the California climate but I still find myself approaching the ledge, where I fling my self onto it only to have Berra's board shoot out and knock down an unused light stand."

Berra and cameraman come trotting over to me.

Berra puts his arm on my shoulder, consoling me.

I'm trying my best to seem stoner casual, all laissez faire. I try to say something funny, referencing Bob Burnquist in Menikmati: " Better stick to the vert!"

Everyone then just starts busting out in a chorus of laughter that fills the warehouse.

Berras like :"No Seneca, looks like you need to just stick to the blogging!"

No comments:

Post a Comment